keymap of speakup and kernel 2.4.20

Dietmar Segbert Dietmar.Segbert at t-online.de
Fri Apr 18 06:39:00 EDT 2003

Hello Listers,

i have created a new kernel 2.4.20 for
my system with the speakup 1.5 tar-ball.
The kernel starts and speakup works.
I use slackware 8.0. In the rc.local i load the kyboarddriver for germany
latin1-de-nodeadkeys and after that the generic.map, so i can use the
nummeric keys. That works fine with kernels 2.2.20 and 2.2.25, but with
the 2.4.20 kernel if have a other keyboard layout.
If i press the "5" on the nummeric-keyboard, speakup says one line above
(same as before "7" with kernel 2.2.25). "2" goes lft one word, "6" goes
down one line and so on.

What can i do, so that i become back the original keymap for speakup "7"
up one line, "8" actual line, "9" down one line, and so on.

Reguards.
Dietmar