Kernel/user space (Was: Re: redhat problems)

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Apr 17 19:00:29 EDT 2003

Why are you upset? I didn't break into anyone's private mailbox. No, I responded to a [public post on a public list.

And, most certainly I understood that you were saying "it would be possible ..." ya di ya di ya di. I got that.

Obviously, though, there's some kind of mis-communication going on here. And, that part I don't understand. You like Speakup, but you wish it were something else, like
all in user space. That's the part I don't get. Because, then it wouldn't be Speakup. It would be something else, like yasr, or screader, or brasso, or whatever. So,
as I was pointing out, you could certainly use these.

So, if you're hanging with Speakup because you like it, what's the problem? Is it user space you want? Or Speakup?

Somehow, this issue, every time it comes up, just reminds me of that old saw about having one's cake and eating it too.