software synthesis

Doug wearable at shawcable.com
Thu Apr 17 05:09:38 EDT 2003

Owen,

No big rush ... because the old code still works with
the old speakup ... but unless I'm mistaken people can't
grab the current speakup and your mods and make it work.

Therefore, I suggest that somebody put the old speakup
back on the web, and perhaps the software synth mods
instructions should be changed to say not to use cvs
(since that doesn't work right now).

The old speakup 1.0 is not avaialable here:
http://www.linux-speakup.org/download.html

(It would be nice if people could still get the old one)

I will try this once more to make sure, and post the
errors I got. When compiling using the speakup 1.5
tarball I got an error that had something to do with
cvsversion.h. And strangely, when I compiled from cvs
version of speakup, I got a different error, something
to do with /dev/synth. But speakup itself compiles
fine (without the software synthesizer modifications).

Maybe it would be a good idea to put the working source
for speakup (older version) on your web site for now,
since the code available at linux-speakup.org doesn't
seem to work with it right now.

   -- Doug