redhat problems

Thomas D. Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 16 19:46:53 EDT 2003

Hi, you must understand the removal of speakup was strictly technical by
nature. Allot of the people on list are out to get Red Hat for pulling
speakup when there are technical issues that need and should be resolved.
One technical issue I agree with Red Hat on is a moduler version of speakup
as rather than the current way speakup is compiled into the kernel direct.
If I had the time and patients to do so I would do so myself, but it really
is a big undertaking to modulerize speakup.