using speakup with festival or flite

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Wed Apr 16 19:01:21 EDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Steve Holmes wrote:

> <HMMM> I wonder if it has something to do with GCC 3.2? Slackware 9 by
> default is now using gcc 3.2 and perhaps these packages don't
> make/compile cleanly for this newer version.

Well, I know that Brltty 3.0 didn't compile for me.  Slackware 9.0 still
ships with Brltty 2.99.8.  I didn't really look into it much, since I am
not really using any features from 3.0 as it is nearly the same as 2.99.8.
This was the exception for me.  Everything else I've compiled so far has
given no trouble.