redhat problems

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Apr 16 17:58:09 EDT 2003

I would encourage you to let them know how you feel. That's a good thing to do.

Just a minor point. When uou write that Speakup "was working fine" in 8.0, that's true for us. Unfortunately, it was causing problems for other people. Yes, it's also
true that Kirk fixed that problem, and it's also true that Red Hat took their sweet time picking up the fix that Kirk created. But, the way you said it isn't true.

Another point. Speakup isn't the only accessibility related package in the Red Hat distribution. So, pulling the README.Accessibility doesn't make sense unless Red Had
were to have pulled the other package, too. In fact, they didn't, it's still there. And, they did modify what the README.Accessibility says. So, they did the right
thing as far as that file goes.

As for the business about providing RCE related materials in accessible, alternate formats, I agree 100%.