redHat advanced server 2.0 and speakup

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Wed Apr 16 06:15:32 EDT 2003

Wait a second.

What's this about Red Hat kernels and NDA's?

No one can make any proprietary (non-free) copies of the kernel
without violating the GPL. Now that doesn't mean that distribution
can't be limited by some artificial means...i.e. you don't get it
unless you do X, Y, or Z, but once you have it, there isn't anything
to stop you from redistributing it, modifying it, etc. (Source has to
be provided in some fashion, after all.) Am I misunderstanding
something important here?
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,