redhat linux 9 and speakup

Thomas D. Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 16 04:56:56 EDT 2003

Hi. I'll try and break this down into as simple terms as possible.

1. we will assume your Linux system is on some sort of network weather it is
home based, or one at a company.
As such it should have a network card in it which is known to work with Red
Hat out of the box. I know of Linksys and Realtech cards which are vary good
for telnet style installs.
2. You would insert the Red Hat cdrom and at the boot prompt you would tell
it something like:
linux text telnet
3. Assuming your box can get a broadcast address, and the nic is compatible
you can go to another computer on the network, and bring up a telnet cliant,
and specify the address of the RH box.
If you are in Linux speakup, and the Linux telnet client works great.
However, if the other box has windows then I suggest using terraterm Pro and
something like Jaws or Window Eyes to read the setup prompts.
4. If your telnet client connects ok to the box with RH installation, and
then it should come up on your screen, and you can use the remote box to
read the install prompts.
If you don'
If you don't have at least two computers on some sort of network and then
the telnet install won't work for you. Same is true if you connected two
computers via the serial ports. If you don't have two computers you won't be
able to do the install.
Then, your only options is to try a kickstart installation, or get sighted
help.