using speakup with festival or flite

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Wed Apr 16 00:33:02 EDT 2003

I need a little help with this festival mod.  I followed the documentation
you sent in the emails, and it compiles perfectly and everything works
until Festival --server& starts.  Actually, that works too, untill I start
typing in my login information.  It then just says f and maybe the first
character I typed.   It continues to do this until I reboot.  I can't
interrupt speech, even by killing Speakup.  What went wrong?  Please shed
some light on this if you can.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

E Pluribus Unix

Doug Sutherland staggered into view and mumbled: