HELP!!! Can't compile speakup in Slackware kernel

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Sat Apr 12 21:52:43 EDT 2003

I am running slack9.0 on both systems.  I am using a crossover cable to
connect eth0 on the laptop, (192.168.0.2) to eth1 on the desktop,
(192.168.0.1) and using t192.168.0.1 as the gateway.  I can mount the NFS
filesystem on the PC with no trouble.  The problem comes in when I try to
setup IP masquerading to connect to the internet.  It works just as
promised in the documentation, except it then won't allow me to receive
email on princenet.sytes.net, which is the domain of my desktop.  If I
reboot the system without using the masquerading script that I wrote as
per documentation, I start getting all the backed-up email I didn't
receive while masquerading was turned on.  Note that I am using the
security and masquerading options as given in the howto in
/usr/doc/Linux-Howtos/Masquerading-Simple-Howto.  Maybe someone can help
me with this issue.  I will include the script I am using.

CODE:

#!/bin/sh
#setup IP masquerading
/sbin/modprobe ipt_MASQUERADE
iptables -F; iptables -t nat -F; iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j SNAT --to 24.74.132.37
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
#security options
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j
ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -i ! eth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth0 -j REJECT

Any help with this script that would both get me connected and also not
stop my email would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

E Pluribus Unix

Doug Sutherland staggered into view and mumbled: