speakup and emacspeak

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Sat Apr 12 10:23:33 EDT 2003

I think we're on the right track toward getting speech to work with mutiple
apps concurrently.  Using a speech server may be the way to go.  Then
emacspeak and speakup could share the resource.  The server could connect
to either an external synth or a software synth.  We're not there yet, but
I see this as a plausible solution to the problem.  Now, if you want to run
emacspeak in one console and speakup everywhere else, you need two synths.

On the subject of ViaVoice, I've never been able to run it with alsa
drivers.  And, as been pointed out, the product is not supported.

Chris
--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)