Speakup/Festival Config Question

Doug wearable at shawcable.com
Thu Apr 10 18:21:37 EDT 2003

Owen,

 > Let us know how it turns out.

It works! This is oh so cool ...

I don't know what I am doing yet because I don't
know the keys, I will have to play around with this.

I have it running on a 200Mhz Geode MediaGX board.
The audio is part of the MediaGX companion chip.
The board has PC/104, so I have a dual PCMCIA
module plugged in (wireless and modems). It has
128MB RAM and a laptop hard drive.

I may be having buffer or speed problems, because
some of it sounded pretty choppy. Then again like
I said I don't know what I am doing yet in control
of speakup.

Do you think that 200Mhz is enough for festival?
I need to read the docs for festival in more detail,
maybe I need to tweak things.

I will try it out a bit more.

It's bigger than a PDA, but then it has full x86
and MMX compatibility and lots of storage plus
the dual pcmcia, compact flash socket, VGA and TV
(NTSC) output, 16-bit stereo audio, dual USB, and
dual serial, and parallel port.

This is an old board that I have used for a long
time, I'm going to work on another one that will
be 667Mhz 512k RAM, 20GB HDD, etc. They run off
5V and I use a DC/DC converter to run off li-ion
batteries or AC/DC adapter.

   -- Doug