Speakup/Festival Config Question

Doug wearable at shawcable.com
Thu Apr 10 15:27:07 EDT 2003

Owen,

 > I messed up the ? : statement in the .c file <snip>
 > don't worry the only problem there is that the printk
 > is incorrect, not exactly a major bug.

So it should still work? I thought maybe I screwed something
up, so I deleted everything, grabbed the CVS source again,
and I'm compiling another kernel right now.

 > As for running festival as a server there should be a
 > shell script to do so ...

Ah yes, I just found a note on festival_server a few
minutes ago, found it here:

http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/cgi-bin/lists.cgi?config=festival_faq&entry=arunning_festival

A bit strange that this is not mentioned in the INSTALL
file for festival ...

Thanks! Hopefully this will be speaking soon.
The compile is slow, but this is 4x6 inch CPU board!
The cost of this board is not much more that a synth.
It may not be any bigger than some of them too :)

    -- Doug