ocrxtr recognision software

Terry Klarich terry at ki5zw.ampr.org
Thu Apr 10 21:28:16 EDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:30:05 -0400you write:
>Most of the Vivadata stuff is directly designed to run on Red Hat and Red
>Hat compatible Linux distros.
>If you can play around with the stuff you might get it work, but Vivadata
>won't garentee non Red hat compatible distros.

For ocrxtr, it is nothing more than a unix filter.  I think it would run on any release of linux.  It does not even know or care
which scanner or driver you are using.  You have to install and configure sane.  So, any supported sane scanner will work.  I have
a Cannon canoscan lide 20.  It's a USB scanner.  Works fine and runs off the usb power.  I can put it in my laptop case and take it
with me.

Scanshop is not the same product as ocrxtr.  In fact, ocrxtr contains a better algritham for ocr than scanshop.

Terry