Linux distros (was Re: RH9 disks on the net.)

Doug Sutherland wearable at shawcable.com
Wed Apr 9 18:18:45 EDT 2003

Luke,

 > We're talking about the official distribution, not your own
 > patched copy of the official distribution of the kernel.

What's the difference? Presumably if speakup was added to the
official, it would do what I am looking at: it adds a new
option in console drivers for speakup, and allows you to
select synthesizers. Why should it be any different if it was
in the official source?

Are you talking about a kernel parameter to tell it to use
speakup or not? If so, I think that is a separate issue.
This is the build of the kernel.

   -- Doug