RH9 disks on the net.

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Tue Apr 8 20:02:26 EDT 2003

Those who have done the RHCE will know that we have to sign an NDA during the exam stating that we will not discuss any part of the exam
with anyone (we weren't even supposed to discuss what we'd done over lunch with our fellow exam participants).
legally, I can't tell you even what format the exam takes, the only information available to you as a non RHCE is what RedHat offers on its website describing the course and exam.
There is no reason at all that this NDA could not be extended to cover no disribution of the material you are given, even if its in electronic form.
After all, I _could_ scan the training material and drop the result on the web,
but you can bet RedHat would have me up before a copyright tribunal before I could say bookshare.org.
Their refusal to provide material in electronic format is pure laziness, and has nothing to do with the increased likelihood of distribution to non RHCE participants.
After all, A simple signature on a form promising I wouldn't distribute it landed me a nice accessible version of the Sun Solaris 7 System Admin training notes.
if Sun can do it, there's no reason RedHat can't, and Sun didn't even fight about it.
Regards
Aaron