networking PC and laptop

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Tue Apr 8 13:35:03 EDT 2003

HELP!!!!!

I've looked everywhere I can think of and I can't even get my PC and
laptop to talk to each other.  I configured my PC's eth1 with the address
192.168.0.1 and the laptop's eth0 to use the address 192.168.0.2.  I set
the laptop to use 192.168.0.1 as the gateway.  I set up masquerading on
the PC.  But I can't even ping the PC from the laptop or the laptop from
the pc, and they are directly connected with a standard network cable.
What am I missing here?  Did I buy the wrong cable or something?

Lorenzo

E Pluribus Unix

Doug staggered into view and mumbled: