second festival patch - middleware

Michael Curran mick at jantrid.net
Tue Apr 8 04:47:31 EDT 2003

Hi Owen,
Thanks for your quick responce.
I am running middleware in the background (in /etc/rc2.d) after festival
starts.
just /bin/middleware &

Although,  for testing purposes I disable that and I:
/bin/middleware &
the output is:
Festival server: localhost, on port: 1314, with mode: fundamental

And as I have said before, it just seems to exit (just stops) if I hit
numpad plus on the keyboard.

I'm not running it in an xterm, just plain old bash (on a vertual console).

When I do reboot, what exactly should speakup  say when middleware loads? or do I
have to  do anything special on the keyboard?

Thanks for your help.
Mick

--
Michael D. Curran