pdf files

Terry Klarich terry at ki5zw.ampr.org
Tue Apr 1 23:29:28 EST 2003

Someone, I can't remember who, told me about ocrxtr on this list.  I have since
purchased it and am using it exclusively for my ocr needs.  It also will
convert pdf to text.  However, it has the added benefit of doing ocr on the
graphical part of pdf files.  Very nice package.  The ocr far exceeds anything
I've used in the past.

I also got a canoscan lide 30 which is small.  It fits in my laptop bag and
runs on usb power.  It's like having a smaller, faster and more portable
reading machine.

Terry