A Second Festival Module for Speakup

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Tue Apr 1 22:48:06 EST 2003

Hi
I've actually got this module working. Compiled and ran just fine. Just one problem though: I can't shut it up! Is silencing speech one of the things that
wasn't implemented yet? Because if it is that should be the first thing to get working, only thing worse than a computer that won't talk is one that talks too
much. Also, I've noticed a long delay, probably about 1 second, between each word spoken and am hearing things like "pitch_string" in between
keystrokes, and before reading starts. Is this normal for the current state of the module, or have I missed a step in installation? Hey, it talks, that's more than
what it did before. Progress, right? I'll still use yasr with eflite until the speakup module can learn to shut up, though the voice quality is nowhere what I get
when I link festival and mbrola together. Keep working on it, guys.