Uninstall Linux

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Sep 30 20:24:32 EDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, ADFM wrote:

> I am not sure if this is on topic for this list. On my older Pentium 3
> 600MHz I installed RedHat 7.3 with a partition for Windows98. This weekend I
> moved over to a new computer with Windows XP And want to remove Linux from
> the older computer for a family member who wants to only use Windows.
> Besides reformating the drive, is their a way to remove Linux?

If windows is on the first partition, which I'm guessing it would have to
be in order to work, then you can just delete the linux partition(s) and
thereby extend the winodws one.  Windows will happily write all over it.
You'll also want to remove lilo if you've installed it, which I would
suggest doing from Linux first.

Geoff.