apm and linux

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 30 14:00:44 EDT 2002

Hi.
I have an old IBM Aptiva 2144-A12 and it has APM Features for power saving.
I can get it to go in to the low power saving state by issuing the
apm --standby
command, but soon after it returns to normal operation.
how can I have it remain in the power saving state until I bring it out?

Patrick

***
Patrick Turnage
E-mail: pturnage at tampabay.rr.com
The Access Connection
Connecting the world to access technology information
providing high quality documentation tips and support for all mainstream
and adaptive hardware and software.
http://www.access-connect.com
For administrative issues
(abuse, archive, dns, E-mail, ftp, user, registration, comments, webmail,
errors, web site, copyright, etc.)
E-mail:administrator at access-connect.com
AOL Instant Messenger: kg4dqk
Amateur Radio CallSign: kg4dqk- EXP 6/2009
MSN Messenger: turnagep at hotmail.com

***