RH Boot failior!!!

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Mon Sep 30 05:53:34 EDT 2002

Hello, list. I am having a huge crisis, and I do not know how to fix it. Let
me explain what I was doing, and what happened.

 I had compiled and installed yasr, because it can use flite for software
speech. However, when testing yasr my RH box locked up, I had no speech, and
was unable to shut down. I pressed the three finger alt+control+delete.

The RH box rebooted, and then it freezes at one spot. Here is a summary of
the error message;

"Ext3 fs error! Can not read inode (33218) block (bla bla bla)"

Then, RH sits there like a knot on a log. It will not do anything else, but
sit there with that error message on the screen. Please, tell me how to fix
this problem.
This box in particular has lots of code, personal settings, a newly compiled
copy of Gnome 2.0.2, among other things and none of it is on backup media. I
loose this system I am roilly down the drain, screwed, you name it.
Does anyone know what is wrong, and how to correct the problem? Thanks.