exporting env. variables

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Sep 29 13:02:47 EDT 2002

Hi all.

Both I and the main partition image developer are mystified to say the least, so I thought someone here may have a clue as to what is happening.

The speakimage boot cd sets up everything from an /etc/rcS script on startup.
We are trying to export some variables such as PATH and QTDIR.

No matter in which order they are exported, the only one that gets exported is PATH.
However, if after boot up, I do "source /etc/rcS", they all are exported.

Does anyone have any idea as to only why the path variable is being exported initially, and not the others?
Thanks in advance.

Greg