Infocom games locally??

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Sep 28 09:38:15 EDT 2002

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Paul Migliorelli (+1 3 0 3 5 4 3 2 3 1 1) wrote:
>
> > I'll check out the telnet as well.  Can you get an infocom interpreter and
> > games anywhere to run right at home??
> >
> > I remember the frotz things for dos, but is there a lin version of
> > things??  Thanks as always.

There is a linux version of frotz.  It is a debian package and may also be
packaged in other distros.  You can also get it from
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3222/frotz.html and you can
find a wealth of stuff at http://www.ifarchive.org .  BTW: Frotz is located
on ifarchive in the infocom/interpreters section, in  case you can't find
it.  There's also a wealth of non-infocom games - some are even GPL, and if
you really get keen, you can learn inform and write your own.

Geoff.