Ot: open source dos screan readers?

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Mon Sep 23 15:55:03 EDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 06:40:37AM -0400, ccrawford at acb.org wrote:
> 	I think  JAWS for DOS is free now.  Not open source, but at least
> free.

No, no, no.

JAWS for DOS is *NOT* free. This is an important distinction. JAWS for
DOS can be downloaded at no cost...but it is *NOT* free. While not all
open source software is free....all free software is open source. For
software to be free, one must have the four freedoms...ah heck....just
visit www.gnu.org, read, and digest the free software philosophy
materials.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,