finding bootdisks for slackware 8.1

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Sep 22 00:59:44 EDT 2002

Yea, it's a real shame that the basic install CD for Slackware 8.1
does not appear to contain any boot/root disks.  Go to the same FTP or
web site where you got the original ISO for slack and change into the
main slackware directory where the extra  and source directories are
found and bootdsks and rootdsks should be there.  I downloaded the
entire directories and the others so I could burn my own set of CD's
for Slackware 8.1.  I'm sure they aren't identical to whatever Pat
sells but I included just about everything on my 3 disks except for
possibly pasture or patches (can't remember for sure off the top of my
head right now.

Supposedly, the install disk is bootable but I haven't figured out how
to read the bootable partition at this point since my machine can't
boot from CDROM.