fowarding ports for speakfreely

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Sep 21 18:01:56 EDT 2002

I have never used ipchains, so I don't know about differences between the 2. If I understand correctly, port forwarding refers to letting the outside world access a particular port on an internal machine behind the firewall. As far as I can tell, endoshield makes this transparent.

For example, I told the script that it could trust all data coming from my lan. I think the variable is TRUSTLAN, and you set that to "yes".

Then, once I opened a port on the firewall to the outside world, my internal lan machines were able to send data to and from that port without me having to do anything else.

I hope that answers your question.

Greg