NFB Net goes linux!

Darrell Shandrow nu7i at azboss.net
Sat Sep 21 17:22:22 EDT 2002

Hi Alex,

Well, even with the Cobalt boxes, it is most certainly possible to obtain
full root access in the same way you would with any other system.  Since the
Cobalts are a turn-key custom implementation of Linux, it is also somewhat
understandable why the manufacturer's warranty is void if you screw around
after logging in as root.  That's why you can get and install RedHat or some
other Linux distro on a more generic PC to obtain full flexibility in your
system configuration.  I guess it all depends on the task at hand.