Gnome, gnopernicus, and X-Windows questions

ccrawford at acb.org ccrawford at acb.org
Tue Sep 17 07:00:26 EDT 2002

	It really rips me that we spend millions of dollars in government
to accomplish accessibility with esoteric and stupid projects that do
little more than create jobs for people who just love to process stuff,
while hard core progress could have been made with the FUI and access in
Linux.  Why should we have to do all that installing and compiling to
simply get x-windows to talk right?  I surely do appreciate the great
volunteer work that has been done to get the hooks in a development kit,
but it just drives me up a wall to think that we could have funded good
work and gotten it done much more quickly.

	You all should know that I am telling folks in the funding world
that we simply have to pay reall attention to development rather than
another conference or train the damn trainer program.  If we just bought
the package and had the access in the box, then how much money would we
not have to spend on another conference on how come we are not working?

	OK, off the soap box but really; Speakup for example is a great
contribution to our lives and how come we are not getting the funding it
needs as well as other products?  That hhas to change and while it may
take a little time, it will.

-- charlie Crawford.