how to configure speakup

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at ev1.net
Tue Sep 17 06:12:55 EDT 2002

Speakup uses files in the /proc/speakup tree for its configuration. You
can put the value you want in the various files under there. For example
to increase the rate of my doubletalk I would use the following
echo 9 >/proc/speakup/rate

You can find out what the settings are by using cat.
cat /proc/speakup/rate

You can put lines in your startup scripts that will put the settings you
prefer in there at boot time. Good luck.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary,
and those who don't.
stivers_t at ev1.net
http://stivers-home.dyndns.org