a resend of the first part of my message about Debian and Speakup

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Mon Sep 16 12:14:27 EDT 2002

Hi there. I'm just now catching onto this thread so you're going to have
to bare with me on this grin. What synth are you using? Also are you using
lilo or Grub as your boot loader? If you are using lilo the shift key will
stop the boot process entirely. You then get a lilo prompt or a "boot."
Also are you using the stock kernel 2.2.19pre21-idepci or a newer kernel?

microsoft dialogue
   This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
   If the problem persists, delete winblows and install linux
   close button