Win4Lin Demo.

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Sun Sep 15 19:21:55 EDT 2002

Hi, I thought everyone would be interested in this program I just
discovered.

I am not sure what the accessability of this will be, but thought you might
be interested in knowing this software exists.

 Win4Lin Demo version

Win4Lin Demo version

 Description

Run Your Favorite Windows Applications on Linux Today!

Imagine being able to run your favorite Windows® applications on the Linux®
operating system in the fastest Windows 95/98 environment for Linux.

NeTraverse Win4Lin 3.0 enables Linux users to run popular Windows programs
at native speeds without additional hardware or the need to dual boot,
dramatically
improving productivity and reducing hardware and OS license upgrade cost.

Run Windows and Linux Concurrently
Browse Windows and Linux file systems
Windows share memory like other Linux processes
No partitioning, no dual-boot required

Run Windows Applications on Linux
Run Windows Applications at Native Speeds, if not faster!

Drive down operating costs and increase productivity
Runs on minimally configured PCs
Boots and recovers Windows quickly and easily
Windows application failures will not crash Linux system

Features

Windows Networking Support:
Networking via the Linux® IP stack (WinSock)
Virtual Network Card emulation (VNET) support including Network Neighborhood
and Microsoft Exchange with optional 2nd IP address

New easy-to-use graphical installer - New!
Automates installation, registration & upgrades
Kernel 2.4.x support - New !
Downloads new kernels via installer

List of Popular Application Support
Microsoft® Office Suite
Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Intuit® Quicken
Intuit TurboTax
Lotus® SmartSuite
Adobe®Photoshop
Adobe Acrobat
Netscape® Navigator
Palm Desktop
Winamp
Windows Media Player
ACT!

 Installation

1- use either the Software Manager to install this program
2- or as 'root' from the command line:
urpmi win4lin-mdk-cdcom

 Launch

1- Open the KDE or GNOME menu, click on the Win4Lin icon.

 Useful Links

License Purchase
Publisher Website
http://www.netraverse.com/