windblows, was: Re: Look Out Macintosh!

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Sun Sep 15 15:18:22 EDT 2002

hi, generally you want /home to be the largest partition. At least in my
case.
My Red Hat os is on a 40 gb, and I gave 5 gb for installs, about 256 mb for
swap, and the rest was my home partition.

I figured I could load my home partition with downloadds, books, mp3 files,
etc. What is nice about splitting home away from the rest is you can
reinstall or upgrade without trashing your data, personally settings, etc. I
reinstalled Mandrake 8.2 and wonder of wonders Gnome came up with the same
settings I had before blowing away the files, and reinstalled. All because I
left /home alone.