Look Out Macintosh!

Jason Symes jsymes at netins.net
Sun Sep 15 13:41:16 EDT 2002

That's the thing, I never said it was better, in fact I've said that in
some ways Linux is far superior. I was just giving reasons why sighted
people stick with Windows rather than switching, and making that flub made
it worse. I do have a tendency to misspeak (or mistype in this case) when
I'm writing faster than I should. I meant no offense to those of you that
hate windows to death.
At 11:21 AM 9/15/02 -0400, you wrote:

>Jason Symes writes:
>>
>> ... I certainly don't think windows is
>> the best thing that's happened to my life, so lets just let this whole
>> thread of misunderstanding alone,
>I'll ignore the bit about misunderstanding and just say that I think most
of us would prefer to talk about Linux, and
>not Windows. But, my several years experience on this list tells me we
won't let inaccurate, uninformed, or other forms
>of "Windows is better than Linux" statements go without a response. That
isn't going to happen here.

>So, anyone who shows up here and tells us that Windows will survive as the
choice of most users because it of
>"simplicity and inertia" is going to get a response. Notice I quoted your
original post. Those are your exact words.

>> Besides, I'm curious
>> about the linux tcp/ip stack and how I've heard its superior to that in
>> windows,
>My understanding is that everybody uses the same BSD tcp/ip stack
technology, everybody. I may be wrong, but I don't