(rant) why microsoft is not easy to use

Janina Sajka janina at cantata.rednote.net
Sun Sep 15 11:11:41 EDT 2002

Jason Symes writes: > > ... my college has extremely > strict rules on what's installed on their lab computers. I won't
mention how > hard it was to get a windows screen reader installed, and I wonder what > teeth I'll have to pull to get
the modified redhat installed. > Are you in the U.S.? Then you have a legal right to such accomodations as are required
for your education. My advice is that you shouldn't waste time advocating this for yourself all over again. Just get a
good lawyer to send a letter on letterhead to the college president, academic dean, disabled students office, and
department chair.  that will get you quicker action and you'll have more time for learning.

Second point. Cross you fingers. If things stay on track, the next release of stock Red Hat will come with Speakup, so
you'll only have to connect a synthesizer to a serial port and reboot.