windblows, was: Re: Look Out Macintosh!

Janina Sajka janina at cantata.rednote.net
Sun Sep 15 10:40:22 EDT 2002

Ann Parsons writes: > > What $1,100? Where? How get? JFW. Or maybe Window-Eyes. Never mind the exact dollar amount, they
all have hefty price-tags. And, you have to pay handsomely for bug-fixes usually called upgrades.

So, another wonderful benefit of Linux, Speakup, Emacspeak, Yasr, Gnopernicus, and the rest, is that the benefit of
computing will no longer be reserved for rich blind people. I think it's about time. For example, it's downright
embarassing how white the participants at CSUN are. One might think there are no other ethnicities among people with
disabilities.