basic trplayer questions

Edward L. Barnes ebarnes at enigma2.cjb.net
Sat Sep 14 19:31:15 EDT 2002

Hi list.
Before I ask my question, I know there's a mailing list dedicated to
trplayer so I'm guessing that technically speaking the speakup list isn't
the correct place to ask this question, however; I'm not subscribed to
that list, and I don't know if I really want to subscribe to another list.
And, as this is somewhat off topic, if anyone wishes to write to me direct
rather than cluttering the list I'd be appreciative.
I got the realplayer rpm and the trplayer rpm packages respectively and
both seemed to install ok however I received the following error from the
realplayer package install, not surprisingly as I have x installed but
don't have it configured and I'm using run level 3 as I'm sure pretty well
everyone else on this list is.
Failed to open your X display.
Please try setting your display environment variable and try again.
So, here are my questions.
1. In spite of this error which sound pretty unconsequential to me will
trplayer still function as I'm inclined to believe it will?
2. I've read on list that some users keep their favourite sites to use
with trplayer in text files for the sake of convenience, does anyone wish
to be so kind as to share a direct link to some content that I can use to
test my trplayer install.
Thanks for any replies to my query in advance and I hope everyone's having
an enjoyable week-end.
Best regards to all!
Ed Barnes <ebarnes at enigma2.cjb.net>