Look Out Macintosh!

shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Sat Sep 14 03:53:43 EDT 2002

*SNIP*
Now I can take issue with that, but I won't. Suffice it to say that
Windows
will stay no. 1 because of its easy, graphical interface.
oh give me a break. that's microsoft conditioning if ever I heard it.
My god man, microsoft ripped the gui concept off of apple.
Get out of this mind set that microsoft is easy to use, that's a fake.
it will do what it wants and no corrispondence will be entered into.
Try changing an irq if you really have to, or finding yer nics mac
address. the only reason I know how to do either one is cause I wanted
to see if I could.
believe me microsoft bitches bitterly if you try to assign a device to a
different irq than the one it wants you to use.
now, Linux, that's a different story. I've never tryed to force irqs
with linux but, I'm sure it is doable.
the sooner we realize that gates ain't the b-all and end-all, the better
off we'll all be.

--
Shaun Oliver

In a world without fences