installing slackware and speakup on this pathetic excuse for a computer!

MaTt mvandewalle at neb.rr.com
Sat Sep 14 01:50:42 EDT 2002

hello.  I really need help or advice, or well, to be sent to the nuthouse or
something.  I basically am frustrated, (don't care if it boots again) type
of frustrated.
when i write a disk image to a floppy, then try to start the install of
slackware I lock up the whole computer, or else it wont even attempt to
boot.  I havent got the $40 or whatever i saw the price was for the cd set
of slackware8.x  I have zipspeak, but if I plan to install other versions of
linux, i cant, as far as i read.  i could make a zimage file with  one of
the raw images, patch speakup into it with only the synth i need which i
have no clue how to do that, or...... PUNT:)
by the way, the disk image i make with the rawrite program
hope i get this dillemma figured out soon.  thanks
matt