problem with HD

Guy Schlosser guyster at buckeye-express.com
Fri Sep 13 18:02:38 EDT 2002

Hi all, I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm back with a major
problem.  I'm running Debbian 2.2, and was trying to uninstall it
yesterday, so that I could create a dual boot system between my Windows XP
box and a '98 box.  I booted into Linux as root, did a lilo -U to uninstall
Lilo, rebooted the hard drive, and now I get a prompt at the bottom of my
screen that says lil-.  Is there any way to get around this, so that I can
boot back into XP, use Partition magic and delete my two Linux
partitions?  Can I do this using another utility such as the partitioning
tool which comes with Windows XP?  What I'm assuming, is that my MBR is
damaged or corrupt.  Don't worry, I'm not leaving the Linux world, I just
got a new laptop with an external Doubletalk LT that I plan to install
Linux onto once I get this resolved.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be
welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Guy