partitioning hd

Jason Symes jsymes at netins.net
Wed Sep 11 05:18:20 EDT 2002

Hi all.
I'm now ready to install redhat 7.3 on my pc, but I've got a couple
partitioning questions. I've gotten my hands on a copy of partition magic
to adjust my hd's partitions. I want to install linux separate from my
windows partition, and I've already isolated windows in its own separate
partition. Looking over some of the redhat docs, it seems I should make 2
partitions for redhat, 1 for the root and 1 for the swap. Is this correct,
and what would good sizes be for these partitions?
Thanks a bunch.

Jason Symes
If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all!
There's no where to go but up!
Just trying to plug away!
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the
zero adjust on his bathroom scale. (Arthur C. Clarke)
if you stand for nothing you're liable to fall for anything.
kids in the backseat can cause accidents, but accidents in the back seat
can cause kids