Synthesizer issues

Bear in SFO BearSFO at PacBell.NET
Tue Sep 10 22:39:26 EDT 2002

Hello everyone

I came across some problems while using speakup and thought some of you
might be able to solve my puzzles...

1)  I have both Braille n' Speak and Braille Lite.  Speakup works perfectly
if I plug my BNS into the computer, but refuse to talk if I use my BLT.  Do
they have different 'drivers'?

2)  A friend gave me an old Audaptor, so I tried using that to install on a
new computer.  The speech box stops reading as soon as the Welcome screen
pops up and won't talk after that point.  Any one any clue?

3)  I might get a more permanant speech box (the speaker in the BNS is
starting to crack and it is making this annoying humming noise).  Where is
the synthesizer info kept in the system?

I hope I am not throwing too many questions at one time, and thanks for all
your suggestions!!!

--David