question about microsoft and linux

Ross Eadie ross at infoequity.mb.ca
Tue Sep 10 17:25:35 EDT 2002

Thanks Ralph.  I found out what happened to the MSDOS alternative.  It
seems from Dr. DOS with Novell, it turned into Open DOS as a subtitle when
the parent company of Lineo bought it.  Lineo has been integrating it with
their flavour of Linux products.  If you go to www.drdos.com, you will find
a image file which runs under any flavour of Linux they say.  Lineo has
stopped development of Dr. DOS because they feel Linux is the path toward
riches.  Any comercial usage involves payment to Lineo for their last
version 7.03 which multitasks and such.  But, do not take heart, Freedos
exists today.  As long as it is for personal usage, Freedos can be had by
all.  It is a direct takeoff from Dr. DOS.  The Web site is www.freedos.org