is the synthasizer market dying?

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Sat Sep 7 20:09:25 EDT 2002

Out here in Australia,
things are even worse.
About the only external speech synthesizer you can buy new is the doubletalk lt.
I can't source artic products at all, and there's the FS notetakers but if you have no use for braille then you'd be wasting about au$2500 or so for something you don't need.
There is the tripletalk, but that doesn't seem to be being supported by speakup because of the developer's unwillingness to release useful specs (which will probably see another fine synth go the way of the keynote gold).
Fortunately the doubletalk is and always has been a pretty decent synth, so things aren't as bad as they could be.
Regards
Aaron
On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 08:03:10PM -0400, Buddy Brannan wrote:
> Unless something changed without anyone telling me, Artic still makes
> the Spirit, as well as their line of notetakers that also work as
> external synths.
> --
> Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
> Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,
> Email: davros at ycardz.com  | "Hey ground! I'm nobody's lunch!"
> http://www.ycardz.com/    | --Eddie From Ohio

    /             |\      _,,,---,,_                           /|
| Aaron Howell                  Kitten Internet            |    |
| aaron at kitten.net.au           Internet consultancy,      |    |
| Phone: +61-417-625550         System administration,     |    |
| fax: +61-7-36010099           system design/integration. |    |
| icq: 6715521                  http://www.kitten.net.au   |    |