SSI in apache and cgi scripts

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Thu Sep 5 17:42:51 EDT 2002

Hi.  I've enabled SSI in httpd.conf per the manual the comments in said
file.  I've put a .cgi script, for now just something that prints hello.
The content of the script is:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello";

I've also put the correct include and exec statement in a document called
test.shtml and the text still will not come up.

Is there something I should look for considering all these factors?  The
scripts lives in /usr/lib/cgi-bin which is the default for debian.  I call
the script with

<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/test.cgi" -->

Still nothing.