Computer purchase

ADFM flodabay at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 14:14:22 EDT 2002

Okay. I went to the Dell website, )www.del.ca), and started to look at their desktops. I think the Dell Dimension 4500 or the 8200 with the following:

Computer equipment list for a desktop PC

A 2.53GHz Pentium 4 CPU
512MB of RAM
80GB hard drive
3.5 inch Floppy
CDRW drive, (Dell asks you to choose)
DVD ROM drive, (Dell asks you to choose)
On board Ethernet card, (for Cable Modem), (Dell asks you to choose)
On board/ add in multi channel sound card, (Dell asks you to choose)
Flat panel monitor or CRT, (no gameing or heavy graphics)
Video Card, (no heavy graphics or desktop publishing), , (Dell asks you to choose)
1 serial and paralell port, (all Dell desktop's have at least one)
USB ports, (All Dell desktop's have six)
four PCI slots, (all Dell Desktop's have at least four)
I have a 3Com 3C905B TX
I have a PCI SCSI card for my SCSI scanner

Would make sure we had a desktop PC for years to come. Could you please complete the list so when we order from Dell we would know exactly what to say?Thank you.

Angus MacKinnon
Adaptive Computer Educator, ACE
Web page: http://members.shaw.ca/dabneyadfm
MAILTO:flodabay at hotmail.com