Debian and speakup

Debian User martinfc at rogers.com
Thu Sep 5 10:00:14 EDT 2002

Hi there:
Has anyone been successufl in compiling Speakup in the Debian Distribuion?
I've got the kernel source for 2.4.18, did the ./install for speakup and
then ran the CVS checkout script.  here was an error whith the script
talking about one chunk too many when patching or something like that.
I've tried compiling with the CVS patch and Without and no success has
been achieved as of yet.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  I was thinking of maybe going to a Redhat
distribution, but I've decided that I like the dselect command too much to
leave it behind.
Regards,
Martin