arecord

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Wed Sep 4 21:50:30 EDT 2002

Hi all. I recently attempted Speakfreely on my Debian box and got as far
as to build it, and get audio running through sfspeaker properly from my
laptop, which is also running Speakfreely. However, the problem comes when
having my box send audio with sfmike. As far as I know, thesignal is not
getting received by the sound card from the mic. I found this out by using
arecord with the following command line: arecord -t wav -fS16_LE -c2
-r44100 test.wav. I checked the mixer settings, and the mic is at full
volume capture on and muted to avoid feedback. I also set master digital
and line to capture as well, bc I thought that setting master digital to
capture might affect the mic input channel. After doing this, I tried
arecord again with the same syntax as above, with no result. That is, the
only result was a line at the top: recording test.wav, then stating number
of channels, and sampling rate in hz. What kept changing was the value
measured in ms (don't know if that is related to volume level, or what).
Am I missing something here in terms of what I should set to capture in
the amixer controlls? Thanks in advance!

microsoft dialogue
   This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
   If the problem persists, delete winblows and install linux
   close button