need a bit of hardware advise

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Mon Oct 28 21:52:25 EST 2002

You don't need a mobile rack draw, there are very cheap (probably about us$2) mounting kits you can get which allow you to mount a 3.5 inch drive in a 5.25 inch bay.
Out here the place you would get stuff like that is Tandy, I think thats called Radio Shack in the states?
or any half way decent computer hardware supplier should have them.
You fit the drive into the mounting kit then screw the kit into the bay, and voila.
regards
Aaron
On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 08:46:09PM -0600, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> A friend of mine will be giving me a 10 gb hard drive, which I could most certainly use.
>
> However, I don't have any 3.5 inch bays free in the case, but do have 3 5.25 inch bays free.
>
> Short of going out and getting one of those mobile rack drawers that install in the 5.25 inch bays, is there any safe way for me to secure a 3.5 inch hard drive into a 5.25 inch bay?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Greg

    /             |\      _,,,---,,_                           /|
| Aaron Howell                  Kitten Internet            |    |
| aaron at kitten.net.au           Internet consultancy,      |    |
| Phone: +61-417-625550         System administration,     |    |
| fax: +61-7-36010099           system design/integration. |    |
| icq: 6715521                  http://www.kitten.net.au   |    |